Volunteer With Us! in Phuket
ABOUT THE CARE PROJECT FOUNDATION VOLUNTEER PROGRAM.
Our volunteer project is the essence of The Care Project Foundation. Our volunteer program is filled with fun and not to forget service between you and the community
People from the Karen tribe have 100s of years of history. Originally from Tibet, they have travelled down through to Burma, finally settling into the Northern hilly areas of Thailand, thus earning the name, Hill Tribe.
The Care Project Volunteer Program is a project-based program. This means that it will always be different. As volunteers, you will be signing up to be of service to the elephants and the community involved in raising them.
This is difficult, dirty, and often un-glamorous work but the reward is amazing. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of working side by side with other volunteers and local community members. Knowing the positive impact you’ve had on a community’s journey to empowerment is truly life-changing.
On top of helping elephants, our volunteer program is also targeted at making the lives of the people living in these communities a better place. People from these tribes have inherited elephants from fathers and grandfather before them. A majority of the people in the community live with very little and they lead a life very simply.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
This part of the project plan helps team members move toward understanding the culture and tradition that surrounds the domestic elephant.
- Aid elephants with daily tasks
- Be part of a community with a rich history
- Understand Disease and care in Domestic Elephants
- Be part of a group of growing volunteer movement
- Understand husbandry
- Elephant behaviour observation
THINGS TO BRING
Overnight bag with change of clothes for 5 days, Sleeping bag, Hat, Sunscreen, Sandals/Flip Flops, Shoes for walking (you may be required to trek up quite steep hills), Towel, Toiletries, Camera, Bug Repellent, Flashlight, gardening gloves, long trousers and long sleeved shirts for cutting grass and elephant food, Rain Jacket.
(Optional: Materials for the school students – games, colouring pens/pencils, paper, toys etc)
WHAT DO I NEED?
- A full passport is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Insurance (covering your placement time and any planned independent travel).
- Transport to Chiang Mai city.
- Independent travel costs and return to the airport.
- Any additional costs such as trips, snacks, entertainment (allow a few hundred Baht per day depending on lifestyle).
- A visa is normally not necessary for under 30 days from most western European countries.
- No compulsory inoculations are necessary although do check with your doctor to make sure polio, typhoid and Hepatitis A&B
LIMITED SPACE. BOOK IN ADVANCE.
ADULT 13,500 Baht
WHAT TO BRING:
|Overnight bag with change of clothes for 7 days|
|Shoes for walking (you may be required to trek up quite steep hills)|
|Long trousers and long sleeved shirts for cutting grass and elephant food|